Thursday 17 January 2013

YSL Matt & Radiant Pressed Powder Review & Swatch

Hey Lovelies ♥,
 
This YSL powder was on my November wishlist and had been something I had wanted to try for ages! I love my YSL Touche Eclat foundation and the highlighter too so I really wanted to see if this powder matched up to those. I tried searching for reviews online but I couldn't find any anywhere! So I thought sod it and that's when it landed in my basket when doing some christmas shopping online, gawd knows how it got in there! :)
 




 
The packaging on this powder is absolutely gorgeous,  it's all gold and shiney and very hard to photograph I might add!  It comes in a gorgeous little velvet pouch which stops it from scratching. If you have a problem with finger marks then you will hate this compact with a passion! The powder puff also sits in the pouch rather than in the compact which is a little strange (and is probably why I have lost it already!)
 
I got this in shade 2 which is just right for my NC20 skin tone and is about the same colour in my MAC mineralize skin finish which is in light plus (review here) maybe not quite as yellow. It is very lovely to apply and looks so natural and not cakey at all. It doesn't have that chalky look either which is what I find with drugstore powders. 
 
I'd say that this has quite a light to medium coverage and it can be built up nicely. It's a little heavier than my MAC MSF and covers my redness on my cheeks well but it doesn't cover blemishes that brilliantly. The lasting power is quite good too, it doesn't last all day but powder's rarely do on me. I'd say a good 4 or 5 hours before my shiny nose shows through :)
It sheerly mattifys if that makes sense but it doesn't dry out my skin which is a must for me.
As it's quite a soft powder I do find that it does go down rather quickly, I've had this for around a month and there is already a big dent in there!
 
This cost me £29 in the sale which is the most expensive powder I have used, the quality of this powder is lovely but it just depends on how long it lasts as to whether I would repurchase. My MAC mineralize was my HG but I've been using this since I hit pan on that so it will be a contest between the two once this runs out!
 
What's your favourite face powder? 
 

3 comments:

  1. Lovely post!! Maybe tell us when you finish it how long it lasted? :)
    It is quite expensive on my student budget but I do think it is great!! <3
    Lots of love from
    Annabelle
    TheCurleyGirl
    xoxoxoxoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Which do you recommend? This ysl matt radiant pressed powder or chanel Chanel Mat Lumiere extreme?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...