Tuesday 8 January 2013

La Roche Posay Toleraine Teint (Foundation) Review & Swatch

Hey Girls ♥,
I picked this up in boots a little while back as my YSL Touche Eclate foundation has been a little too light for my pink cheeks recently. I think it's down to the cold weather but my cheeks have been really irritated and a bit rosier than I would like so I wanted something with a bit more coverage so I could hide them.



This cost £14.50 for 30ml of product which is quite expensive but this has the most amazing, fullest coverage I have ever experienced. I think it has better coverage than most concealers I have tried too! As its such an amazing coverage you really don't need that much and I only apply this on the places I need it (cheeks and under my eyes, this and my Bobbi Brown hide my circles nicely!) rather than all over my face so it should last quite a while.

I do usually like a nice dewy foundation but this isn't dewy in the slightest. It's not really matte either but it's probably closer to matte than dewy although, it doesn't dry out my skin like most other matte foundations do. It's got a medium consistency - it's not runny but its not too thick and cakey either. It applies nicely with my Real Techniques buffing brush and it does look really natural on your skin, it's just perfect in my opinion. It literally erases my red cheeks and doesn't accentuate them at all, it's amazing!

This is designed for irritated skin so I don't feel so bad using it. It doesn't contain fragrance or other irritating ingredients which is handy if your skin is sensitive like mine.



I don't think that they have the most amazing range of colours but I picked up mine in shade 10 (ivory) which is pretty close to the YSL in BD20 or a bit lighter than Mac's Studio Sculpt in NC20.  I think the next shade up is a little darker but more pink toned which I didn't want so this was probably the best choice.

I will DEFINITELY be repurchasing this when it eventually runs out, best product I have found in a long time!  

 What's your favourite foundation?

9 comments:

  1. I had no idea this brand does foundation! It sounds great but it is very frustrating that a lot of high street brands not have very light foundations x
    britishbeautygeek.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know i didnt either! Ii was looking for a face cream and stumbled across it! xx

      Delete
  2. I have compact powder from LRP in shade 13 and i love it, coverage is great too and its my total match :)

    Im going to try this foundation too :)

    Great review.. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wanted to try the powder, defo will now! xx

      Delete
  3. Being from Ireland and having fair skin, I have the same issue. This foundation looks lovely. I use glo minerals foundation. Since its mineral based it covers all redness and blemishes. I used it in a photo shoot recently and been using it on myself ever since :)
    Sarah
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never heard of that it sounds great! Will have to look into it, thanks for the tip :) xx

      Delete
  4. This sounds really awesome but sadly we don't have this brand here :(
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah that such a shame, it is a great brand! xx

      Delete
  5. I quite like la roche posay skincare but had no idea either they did foundation! I'm surprised it's so high coverage, tempted to give it a try as I have sensitive skin too x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...