Wednesday 9 January 2013

Honey Cleanser Update

Hey Lovelies,

So I thought I'd do a little update on my honey cleanser to let you know how I've been getting on, I posted about this here if you want to check it out or have a little recap.


So I've been using this all natural cleanser for around two months now and guess what? I fricken love it! I could just end the post there really but I won't lol ;) .. Most of the sciencey bit was in my last post so I won't repeat all of that as I don't want to bore you all!

The Results
This cleanser is so gentle on my sensitive skin and it even helps to relieve the redness on my cheeks, I literally see an immediate improvement. I found that even the gentle cleansers would sting my face before which was really uncomfortable but this is not irritating in the slightest, it feels very soothing as you apply it.

Luckily I don't get many blemishes, only the odd one every now and then but even those have improved. I definitely get them less frequently and they are not as big so that's definitely a win!

I've also found that this is an AMAZING exfoliater. My skin is far to sensitive to use an exfoliater on my face but I've found that this perfect. I hope this isn't too much info but it really helps to get any of them flakey dry bits of skin off. Once you apply the honey and leave it for a minute or so, once you start to massage it in with a little water you can really feel the flakey bits coming off. I'm sorry if that sounds so so gross but it really does help! Once you get them gross bits off, moisturiser just sinks in so nicely too!
Honey is very moisturising but as my skin is super duperly dry I do still have to apply moisturiser after.

It does feel sticky applying it but you do get used to it so don't let this put you off. I even stick my hands to my face a few times to try and suction any grossness out of my pores by using the honey as a sort of glue. I don't really know if that works but it keeps me amused while I wash my face! As soon as you wash it off the stickyness goes, it doesn't linger around or anything.

I really can't recommend this more, give it a try!

7 comments:

  1. Wow, such an interesting post! I am actually fascinated by manuka honey, we use it on horses at our yard too. I would love to try this, but the smell of honey makes me feel sick :( I'm glad you have found a suitable cleanser; at least you won't have to worry about it being discontinued! ;)

    Ashleigh x
    lifehighslowsandgarb.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where can you buy this? I live in Holland or do I have to buy it on ebay or something :(

    Lots of love,
    RJ from

    http://www.fuckhighclass.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya, i got mine in the supermarket! You should be able to get it in quite a few places its usually next to the jam lol xx

      Delete
  3. This is amazing!! So happy I stumbled across this. I will be giving this a go.
    Thanks!
    Hannah
    x
    http://hanneh44.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...