Wednesday 16 January 2013

Maybelline ColorSensational Lipstick in Hollywood Red

Hey Girls,
 
I got this lipstick recently as I wanted a shade that was pretty close to natural lip shade and this was the closest I could find while hunting around boots (It's like my second home in there) I've never tried any of these lipsticks before but I'm really impressed by this one.
 


 
As you can see you can apply a nice sheer coat which looks really natural or you can really build it up for a bright pop of colour.
I really love the colour of this and it's exactly what I was looking for. I usually apply this lightly just to enhance my natural colour and even that lasts a good few hours. It doesn't dry out my lips either and my lips are prone to a bit of dryness!
 
Overall, I am really impressed by this and would repurchase, I may even purchase a few different colours :)
 
What is your favourite lipstick?
 

18 comments:

  1. Such a pretty lipstick :) Never tried these before but I love reddy/ pinky shades :) xx

    http://belle-amiebeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never really gone for these sort of shades but i'm converted! xx

      Delete
  2. I never would have looked at this colour but it is really lovely & natural x
    britishbeautygeek.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me either! I always go for fuscia pinks which don't suit me but this is really lovely! xx

      Delete
  3. great review,
    I have seen a lot of people with this lipstick lately & to be honest I would love to have one too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a bit of a snob when it comes to lipsticks. I either use MAC or NYX or nothing at all. I love both those brands lipsticks. NYX chaos is the perfect red in my opinion and lasts so long too! I am surprised at myself that I haven't tried maybelline's lipstick yet since that is my favorite drugstore brand. What's the wear time on this?

    PS Found you from twitter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never tried a MAC lipstick! How bad is that!!! xx

      Delete
  5. That's a beautiful shade - I don't have any of the original colorsensationals - but the new vivds are amazing

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is SUCH a gorgeous colour!!
    - HannahMarieBeauty.blogspot.co.uk
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. No.7 in colour Classic Rose!!
    Lovely post as always!!
    Lots of love from
    Annabelle
    TheCurleyGirl
    xoxoxoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a beautiful colour! I want to try it, thanks for the review! :D
    Federica | http://lafavolarussa.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks so nice! I have one of these in "Are You Red-dy" which is similar and I really love it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was looking at this same color at the store and put it back but after your review I think I'm going to go back and purchase it! Great post!

    xo,
    www.derae.net

    ReplyDelete
  11. I bought a few of these before Christmas and had totally forgotten about them until now! Thanks for reminding me im gonna dig them out and get swatching! I love my lip butters so im really looking forward to trying these x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...