Tuesday 27 November 2012

Battle of the Cream Blushers!

Hi Girlies ,
 
So i posted about the MAC cremeblend blush a while ago here and lets just say i wasnt sold on it. Since then i've been on the hunt for a new dewy, creamy blush for us girls (or boys) with a more drier skin type - which i can say that I have now found. Whoohoo!


Left: Cremeblend in 'Something Special'
Right: Blushcreme in 'Lady Blush'
Left: Cremeblend in 'Something Special'
Right: Blushcreme in 'Lady Blush'
The problem with the MAC cremeblend was it was quite a matt finish and i think more suited for oily/normal skin types as it tended to stick to my dry bits.
The MAC cremeblend was the reformulated version of the origional blushcream which i managed to find on ebay in 'ladyblush' and i absolutely love it! The blushcremes are now discontinued so its very hard to get hold of these but you may get lucky. From these pictures you can probably see how different the cremeblend and blushcreme are, look how dewy the blushcreme is! Just what i was looking for :)
 
So as this has been discontined you may think it was a bit of a waste of time telling you about it.. Well no, because i found a dupe for it! Yay me -

 Left: Blushcreme in 'Lady Blush'
Right: NYX Cream blush in 'Natural'


Left: Cremeblend in 'Something Special'
Middle: Blushcreme in 'Lady Blush'
Right: NYX Cream blush in 'Natural'


 The Dupe: NYX Rouge Cream Blush £5.99
I really like this NYX blush, it's exactly the same consistency as the MAC blushcreme and the colour isn't that far of - plus its cheaper! 
 
They are both a little sticky/tacky when applied but i wouldn't say they were hard to work with at all, they both last a good few hours without setting which i think is okay going seeing how dewy they are.
I'd say that these maybe aren't brilliantly suited for oily skins as they have quite an oily feeling to them, but they don't seem to block my pores so it could be fine.
You can get a nice sheen of colour with these or build it up for a heavier coverage but it could get quite shiney if you used too much so i guess it's finding the balance. I apply this over my foundation and it blends in so well, i find using a stipling brush gives a more even finish than using my fingers and leaves a nice glow.
 
I will definately be purchasing the NYX blush in different colours - really love & recommend them
 
Do you prefer powder or cream blush? 

 
 
 
 

13 comments:

  1. The Creamblend blush looks really dry! The NYX one definitely looks like a good dupe :) Great find! xx

    http://belle-amiebeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I like both types equally! The nyx one looks awesome - I may have to try one out!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy, I am yet to try cream blushes from MAC. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great blog.Yummy blushes!!!God i love MAC products.

    wanna follow eachother??

    www.istanbulianchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I prefer the NYX creme blush. Its so purdyyy

    www.justshazea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. oo nice... i'll have to check out some NYX cream blushes! i usually wear powder blushes myself but find that they fade really quickly so maybe it's time to try some cream ones!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never tried any high end blushes, I just stick to my good old bronze/highlight! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love cream blushes, they're so easy to apply and I love how they look. Never tried any higher end ones though, but I am tempted! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I adore mac and their cream blushers are amazing xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never tried cream blushers before. These colors look so gorgeous, I must try them now. :)

    http://classypeach.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...