Thursday 7 May 2015

Sleek | Brow Kit in 'Extra Dark' Review & Swatches


Hey Lovelies 





Wax on the left & Powder on the right


You may have seen this pop up in my favourite's post last week (here), I’ve been using this for a couple of months so I feel like I can give a nice fair review on this now.

Before I got this I had always used the Rimmel brow pencil in extra dark, My hair is actually not that dark but if I go for a lighter colour it always looks orangey on me and unnatural. Does anyone else find that?

With this kit you get a nice thickish wax to set them naughty eyebrows, which don’t do as they’re told, and also a powder to set the wax.
These swatches are super heavy which is why they look so dark but you can also get a nice natural finish if you use a lighter hand which is what i opt for.

I don’t use the powder all that much, I use the tiniest bit to settle the wax to help it last that little bit longer but i prefer the wax to the powder. So does it last all day? Well honestly - no not really, a good several hours I’d say if you don’t touch or smudge it.

You get two little brushes and the cutest pair of tweezers which aren’t actually that bad. The brushes are ok, they are usable but they are just so tiny it’s hard to get a good grip on them.

This is really good stuff, I use it most days (some days I’m just a lazy bum) and it hasn't made a dent at all yet so I see it lasting for absolutely ages - years? decades? This is so much better than a brow pencil its gives a nice finish whether it's natural or bold.

I haven’t tried the elf brow kit or the benefit browzings but this one is in the middle at £7.99 and I’m happy with it and would repurchase :)

What do you use on you eyebrows?  


17 comments:

  1. I'm going to have to try this brow kit! I really like filling mine in, I use the Wet n Wild brow kit $3.00

    http://perlaxmakeup.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ool i've never heard of that, ill have a little look xx

      Delete
  2. wow this looks like a great product. looks almost exactly like the one i use from benefit. i wonder if this one is cheaper?

    http://www.lovefromberlin.net/
    xxrae

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. this one is only £7.99 so much cheaper! xx

      Delete
  3. Great review! I really like reading your blog and have nominated it for the Liebster blog award. See my post for all the details :)

    http://talesofapaleface.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/liebster-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. The colors come out beautifully strong, I like that. I also find with lighter pencils, it can turn orange :/ I've tried benefit's browzings and IMO it isn't worth the price tag. You can get much cheaper alternatives like this one or MUA's Pro Brow kit.

    Anyway, I'm your newest follower! :D I found you through Tales of a Pale Face <3

    - Erin xo

    365mu.blogspot.co.uk - One girl's attempt at creating 365 different make-up looks in as many days

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow this looks and sounds like a great product, it's very pigmented and a great price for the product you get :)

    Charlee
    http://charmedcharlee.blogspot.co.uk
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I use the benefit browzings but need a cheaper alternative with my student budget, think this may be it, great review.
    Maddie xx

    maddie-elizabeth.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. awesome review of it, to be honest im kinda lazy when it comes to the brows. i rarely do anything with them. This sounds like a great product.

    xo kerker
    The Ugly Moments

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks like a great product :) I just use a dark brown matte eyeshadow for my brows

    Xoxo, Adela
    afashionistascorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. In the winter I use a matte brown eye shadow to fill in my brows but since it's been going into warmer weather here I just use a clear brow gel and I'm all good :D
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I use a matte brown shadow but will definitely try this! Great review xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cool review it was interesting to read about this, ive never tried any Sleek Makeup. Not yet anyway!


    http://thriftyfriday.blogspot.co.uk/ Bath Melt giveaway this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. i love the colours, pigmentation and texture of those*)so i love pretty much everything about them)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...